Since now I am inspired by my tribe members writing on YDC, I guess I should write too.
YDC is a Youth Dhamma Camp and this year it's the 17th time.
The title of the camp is A seed of Hope.
My friend, Sheryl slept over at my place and we did some catching up on girls talk.
Went there like 7.15am while I slept like 2.00am. Lolz..
We did some morning puja followed by some ice-breaking games with sissors, paper and stone. Except this time we include Tan (Egg), Chicken and Eagle.
Then we were split to our groups according to animal. So.... we were the MEOW family. "Cat"
My group consisted of 9 ppl.
Chieftain : Chia Wen
Tribe Member :
Papa/King Julian : Kok Sing
Barbie/Babi : Ann
Santa Claus : Nicholas
Penguin : Deng Jinn
Meolson : Nelson
Pn.Cheah's Daughter/Siao : Siao Inn
Kai : Kai Yuan (My last year's group member *High Five*)
Chin Xia (Lolz... No one can really make a nickname for me, right?)
Facilitator : Jerry Khor (Apparently is Deng Jinn's cousin)
Assistant Facilitator : Jeremy Kuan aka Hamster
We hoped into the bus and had to seat with groups. I had to move my butt from back seat to front seat since all my members were infront.
There's 1 girl who kindly let me sleep at her place as I invaded her seat.
I wanted to ask her name but oh well...forget it. But IT WAS A MISTAKE!!!
Lolz.. Cause she turn out to be my cucu (Baby angel) and It took me like 2 whole days to find out who exactly was she since we only got the name of our cucu from lucky draw. Such depressing thing to don't-know-who-exactly-ur-cucu-is
Back to the bus, we did some introduction, select our chieftain and tribe cheer.
P/s : "Group Leader" and "Group Members" words were forbidden.
Everything was done very quickly and guess wat we did next?
Sing... Oh Macdonald Have a farm and changed the lyrics to.... Oh Dusun Eco Have a Farm with Dog, Cat, Tiger and Elephant.
Wait.. Wat's our tribe cheer again?
BATAK! (bukan botak!) 3X
We are batak, Bukan Botak!
Summation of Wat's Interesting and Not-so-interesting events.
Wat's Best in camp?
This camp was an outdoor activity. (My favourite) And Yup, there I Went back to Dusun Eco again doing the same obstacle course, flying fox, same hostel, same toilet and same path.
However amazingly, the hostel and toilet changed!!
Hostel for the girls side and boys side, from 2 dorms with 20+ beds in it in each floor became 5 dorms with 12 beds in it.
Toilet was so much cleaner with 9 cubicles.
Accomodation was so much better than I expected since I Last went there which was last year.
All major activities which is Amazing Eco Race, Have it Your Way!, Jungle Trekking, Obstacle Course, Worst-case Scenario, Playing cards (Kind of Chor Tai Di - It's like gambling but no money involved except points for loser and winner) And Campfire was all Amazing and Awesome!
Jungle Trekking if not mistaken was the same path I walked during my last year's visit during night walk. But last year was worst. It was drizzling and we had to climb up and down. Imagine with 80+ degrees of slope at night. Lolz. Thank god it's morning but not so interesting. Still I had fun. It's outdoor man!!
Btw... Again no Leech bite!!! =D
Playing cards.... Sorry I sucked at it. I am not seriously meant for gambling as I lost 3 out of 4 games. Luckily only 2 games were counted. Mind you, we had to adapt to new rulings when we changed group as it's all different in each group. Oh well, final word... I suck at gambling.
Campfire, It's not really successful since the fire cannot lit for a long time due to damp logs. We had fun singing, cheering, dancing, eating and hugging each other.
Obstable Course - My favourite although out of 16 stations, I did like 14 stations before.
Anyway, we didn't complete all and my fear of heights like the tire thingy, climbing up ropes and so on was still there. Except this time the crossing the bridge before flying fox was okay to me. And there's activity here and there slip in between the activity of most stations.
Before crossing the bridge, everyone must answer : Why a chicken cross the road?
Guess wat Ann (My team member) said?
Because KFC is at the other side of the road and want to go suicide. =D
Love my tribe members. So spiritful, noisy, and we were so close to each other. It's better than my last year's group! We tease, laugh our head's off and help each other.
TEAMWORK!!! BATAKIANS YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
Yes yes... This time I injured someone... I kicked Kok Sing aka Papa right into his eye.
Eh... Not intentionally. I thought of jumping across the wall and was like, "Hey, I could cross the wall on my own", then 1 leg swing... Oops!! Jackpot! Hit directly! =.=
Sorry Papa...... =(
Not only that, I hit someone right into the eye too with the pole flag... Lolz... Forgotten who. =P
Hymm Singing was fun too.... We sang lots of song and My beautiful Friend!! XD
Amazingly for our group, the more unprepared we are, the more spontaneous was our group and the better the activity was. So cool.....
Bhante's talk and Jeff Oliver's talk (from Australia) gave us some dhamma teachings and it's really very good to control our emotions and help us being more mindful towards our surrounding and ppl we dealt with. However, I doubt I will be able to but I'll try.
Kudos for the committee and ex-co. This time it's 1 whole new level where the games and activities was superb. It's monopoly style to count the point system and each side we landed, we must meet an ex-co to get a task. Committee plus ex-co were more closer to the participants and I loved the guardian's angel box. =p
I wanna say, I'm proud of you, Vienna and Sandy!! I know it's your first time and Great Job!!
Wat's not-so-best of this camp?
Time was so limitted until they cut down our shower time. But oh well, they stop cutting since day 2 onwards. (Can't blame them)
Water was freezing cold.
Guardian Angel wasn't as fun as last year. Lots of newbies didn't know the thrill of it and started exposing themselves in the letter. So swt...
This year, not much of loving thingy like last year until day 3.
Overall not that satisfied but at least my Ga didn't exposed herself and I was able to love my cucu more.
Apparently, My G.A was Kok sing's cucu and she was my busmates as we were from the same primary school. FATE! XD
Pin-drop silence meal. Ouch... No talking, No sounds from culinary, Peaceful meal.
More like torturing. XD But I do enjoy the peaceful moments. Doesn't really bother me much.
But... Wat's my dislike was, I wasn't able to make new friends much since time was limitted and Having meal time was the best time or to said 1 of the only time to get to know each other.
However day 3, the pin-drop-silence meal was dropped too.
Kudos for DAY 3 and 4!!!! XD
Overall... This camp I had alot of fun mostly because of the outdoor activities and my tribe members.
1 Amazing thingy, Kok Sing taught me and Chia Wen on the la bamba song and upon reaching SJBA, We three all sang so loudly especially Kok Sing and woke everyone up!! XD
So cool.... =D and it's a cool song making Kok Sing's singing while playing the guitar pretty cool.
Although Batakians didn't win top 3 this year, but I was and still am proud of Batak.
To me, Batak will always be no. 1 in my heart. It's unmeasurable in terms of spirit, teamwork and the fun we had.
Before I forgotten, My roommates were Chia Wen, Ann, Sheryl, Hsu Ann, Sze Luan, Vienna and Oi Ying!. So Cool... except missing out Sandy (next door) plus Chit Ying who wasn't able to go.
We slept at D9! We had lots of fun right, roommates?
And thanks to Chia wen, Sheryl, Hsu Ann, Sze Luan and me got a msg from Guess-Who-Laaa.
There's one from Pinky (Jeremy Ooi) and Hey... I wanna my lollipop!!! No fair Chia Wen and Ann got lollipop!! =D
Yes yes, Lastly of all, Yes Jerry, I always end up next beside you somehow and You too, Adrean during washing up time. XD
derby county vs millwall
4 years ago

1 comment:
Keep up the jungle trekking and find more outdoor adventure at Nature Escapes
Post a Comment